Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 1

I've had the honor of being selected as one of the Artists-in-Residence for Round Five of the Linden Endowment for the Arts program. I and nineteen others each have a sim and four months to build our projects.

The blank page.

 My choice is an educational project which focuses on the planets of our solar system. The basic idea is a planet walk located on an island, with a spiral path leading up and out and passing scale models of each of the planets. Each stop along the path will have an interactive informational thingamy (still being imagined) and the path will end at an observatory on highest point on the island.

Round Five runs from August 1st through December 31st. So I'm all about astronomy for the rest of the year. My interest going out in the yard with a telescope waxes and wanes (it especially wanes when its -30C outside) but its been a life long interest.



Hills, stuff, the smell of fresh prims!

 I claimed the sim last night and brought out the bulldozers to start shaping the island and made a great deal of progress - mainly because I found it hard to stop and go to bed when I should have.

I intend to post weekly updates here on how things are progressing and hope to finish the first phase of building and have the official opening in September. But I have ideas beyond the basic planet walk so I'll be adding things throughout the course of the project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.